Symptom Checker has undergone years of rigorous engineering and clinical testing to ensure that the information provided by the system is safe and appropriate. We are continuously monitoring the software’s performance as part of our post-market surveillance activities to ensure that the app always provides you with the most suitable information. Our medical review processes ensure that any issues uncovered can be promptly reviewed, addressed and updated in the system. However, please keep in mind that Symptom Checker is not a substitute for a doctor or other healthcare professional and is not intended for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. Symptom Checker is designed to help you better understand your health by providing information to help direct you to the appropriate care and - in certain cases - by providing some information on the possible causes for yor symptoms.
Articles in this section
- How do I create a new user profile?
- How does symptom checking work?
- How do I start to check my symptoms?
- Can I check someone else’s symptoms?
- Does Symptom Checker diagnose?
- What does Symptom Checker cover/ is it suitable for me?
- Can I use Symptom Checker outside the UK?
- How do I know it's accurate?
- How is it regulated?
- How has the safety of the service been assessed?