Symptom Checker is a chat-based informational service that uses state of the art technology which models the probabilistic relationship between risk factors, diseases and symptoms based on the answers that you provide. At the end of the assessment you will be provided with some information about the location and timescale in which your symptoms might need to be treated, and may also be given some information about possible conditions based on the information you entered. Symptom Checker will try to direct you to the right information, but it is not a replacement for seeing a doctor or other healthcare professional if you’re unwell. You should not take or stop taking any action (such as taking medicines) based on information from the service.
Articles in this section
- How do I create a new user profile?
- How does symptom checking work?
- How do I start to check my symptoms?
- Can I check someone else’s symptoms?
- Does Symptom Checker diagnose?
- What does Symptom Checker cover/ is it suitable for me?
- Can I use Symptom Checker outside the UK?
- How do I know it's accurate?
- How is it regulated?
- How has the safety of the service been assessed?