It’s easy to register for the service. It only takes a few minutes and you can do it online from wherever you are, without the need to travel. You will need to validate your identity via the app before you see a GP so that we can prescribe medicines and discuss your medical history with you.
Registration steps via the website:
- Go to gpathand.nhs.uk, enter your postcode and apply by submitting your details and choosing your password
- Download the Babylon app and log in with your email and password
- Verify your ID by following the simple instructions (you will need your passport, driver’s license or identity card to hand)
Registration via the Babylon app:
- Download the app and put in a few simple details including a username and password of your choice
- Click on the 'NHS Get started' badge in the app to learn about the Babylon GP at hand service
- Apply to join Babylon GP at hand through three simple screens
- Verify your ID by following the simple instructions (you'll need your passport, driver’s licence or identity card to hand)
This process takes about 3 minutes.
It might take a few weeks to process and complete your registration and transfer your NHS medical records, particularly if demand is high. You don’t need to do anything and you probably won’t notice a thing. If you book an appointment in the app during this time, you may be asked to hold tight while the registration process is completed. If you need to see a GP during this time, please contact your existing NHS GP practice.