No, Babylon GP at hand is an NHS service, paid for by the NHS and providing services to NHS patients. The Babylon GPs also work with other parts of the NHS. Many would not do the additional sessions with patients that they carry out through Babylon if they did not have the flexibility that digital working offers (for example, the ability to work from home). In these cases, the overall number of GP appointments that can be carried out in the NHS increases as a result.
Articles in this section
- Will I ever be charged by Babylon for accessing the Babylon GP at hand services?
- How does the partnership with babylon work?
- Does the service take doctors away from the NHS?
- Are babylon GPs NHS registered?
- Who is paying Babylon for the NHS GP service?
- What's the difference between Babylon and Babylon GP at Hand?
- Why is a private company providing NHS healthcare?
- If a babylon doctor misses something, who is liable?