Your prescription is sent via the NHS electronic prescribing system directly to your nominated pharmacy following your consultation. Electronic prescriptions can sometimes take up to an hour to reach the pharmacy via the NHS electronic prescribing system. If you've been prescribed controlled medication, you will require a hard copy of your prescription, this will be posted to the pharmacy of your choice, or handed to you during a face to face consultation if you're at the practice.
Articles in this section
- Can my nominated pharmacy order my repeat prescription on my behalf?
- How do prescriptions work?
- Can I receive prescriptions?
- How do I nominate my preferred pharmacy?
- How do I change my nominated pharmacy?
- There is a problem with my prescription, what do I do?
- Can I get medication delivered?
- Will I have to pay for my prescription?
- Does my prescription expire?
- Can I use my exemption card to pay for my prescription?