After your Babylon clinician generates your NHS prescription in the appointment, it will be sent electronically to the pharmacy you have selected. When collecting from the pharmacy you will be expected to pay the relevant NHS charges or complete the declaration to demonstrate the patient is exempt from charges. Some medicines cannot be sent electronically; where this happens you will be offered a face-to-face consultation where a prescription will be printed by your GP during the consultation. Alternatively the prescription can be posted to the pharmacy you have selected, if it cannot be sent via the electronic system.
Articles in this section
- Can my nominated pharmacy order my repeat prescription on my behalf?
- How do prescriptions work?
- Can I receive prescriptions?
- How do I nominate my preferred pharmacy?
- How do I change my nominated pharmacy?
- There is a problem with my prescription, what do I do?
- Can I get medication delivered?
- Will I have to pay for my prescription?
- Does my prescription expire?
- Can I use my exemption card to pay for my prescription?