The GP at hand service is designed to provide high quality NHS primary medical services for people of all ages, whether you are in good health or not.
You can register with the GP at hand service, whether or not you live within the "Practice boundary" area (south of Talgarth Road and Cromwell Road in Fulham, and north of the River Thames).
You can find out whether you can register by entering your home address postcode on the website or in the app. You can also register with GP at hand as your NHS GP practice if you work in zones 1 to 3. If you live outside our eligibility postcodes but work in Zones 1 to 3 and have parental responsibility for a child, please ensure that a parent or guardian for that child remains registered with them at the child’s GP practice. If you do not feel you can reasonably get to one of our clinics if you need to see a doctor or nurse in person, please do not register until we get to your area.
Our aim is to provide a great service to everyone who wants to register with us. The NHS has reviewed our service and has found it provides important benefits to patients. To be prudent during the early phase of the rollout, the NHS has suggested that the service may however be less appropriate for people with the conditions and characteristics listed below.
- Women who are or may be pregnant (If you are pregnant, NHS England advises that you register with a GP practice close to where you live)
- Adults with a safeguarding need
- People living with complex mental health conditions
- People with complex physical, psychological and social needs
- People living with dementia
- Older people with conditions related to frailty
- People requiring end of life care
- Parents of children who are on the ‘Child at risk’ protection register
- People with learning difficulties
- People with drug dependence
If you consider that you have one or more of these, please seek advice before registering for the service, or call our support team on 0330 808 2217 to discuss this further. We will be open and honest with you about the service and we will support you to make the right decision for yourself about whether joining GP at hand suits their needs.
If your health needs change we will review your registration to see if it would be more appropriate for you to be registered with a GP practice closer to your home. In such circumstances, we will always be happy to assist patients finding the most appropriate GP practice for them to ensure you are not without care at any point.
If you have any concerns, we will be happy to guide you based on your specific circumstances.