In this article:
It’s easy to register for the service. It only takes a few minutes and you can do it online from wherever you are, without the need to travel to a clinic. To get started, fill your details and verify your identity.
Registering your details
You can register through our website or on the Babylon app.
Registering through the website:
- Visit the GP at Hand sign up page
- Enter your postcode to check if the service is available in your area
- Enter your personal details and set up a password
- Verify your identity on the website or in the Baylon app
Registering on the Babylon app:
- Download the Babylon app and sign up by creating an account
- Tap the ‘Get a 24/7 NHS GP service’ badge on the membership options page
- Follow the steps in the app. We’ll ask you to enter your personal details and verify your identity.
To help us find your existing NHS record (if you have one) and verify your identity, please register with the exact name as shown on your ID document.
Verifying your identification (ID)
You’ll need to submit a photo of your ID and a selfie when registering with us. Your selfie will be checked against the photo of your ID to verify your identity.
Please check that your photos meet the requirements before submitting them. If they do not meet the requirements you may be asked to upload them again. This can cause delays with your registration.
The ID you use to verify your identity must be in date and currently valid.
Valid forms of ID include:
- Driving licence
- National identity card / Residence permit card
The photo should:
- be clear and in focus
- have all four corners of the document in the picture
- be of the original document, not a copy
- taken in a shaded place without direct light to avoid glare
Your selfie photo must be:
- clear and in focus
- taken facing forwards and looking at the camera
- a photo of you at the time of verifying your identity, not a photo of your ID picture
Try to keep a straight face and make sure your eyes can clearly be seen when taking the photo.
After you apply
We’ll aim to register you within 24 hours of submitting your application. If we can’t find your NHS records or verify the ID and selfie you have uploaded, it may take longer. You may be asked to upload your ID again if we cannot verify it.
As part of the registration process we’ll arrange the transfer of your NHS medical records to us. There’s nothing more you need to do except wait until you receive an email from us informing you that your registration is complete.
You can download the Babylon app and login using your email and password. After your registration is confirmed, you can book an appointment with one of our clinicians. Some services are available to use before you register such as Healthcheck and Monitor.
If you need to see a clinician while your registration is processing, you should use your existing NHS GP practice.